Sarah Jensen, MS, LMHC, RPT
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Registered Play Therapist (RPT). I believe in every individual’s ability to move towards connection with themselves and the world through relationship and play, especially when we have an understanding of how our brains work. I hope to create a space with my client in which it feels safe to meet their inner world, and in that space, they can address the context in which their symptoms and adaptations have made sense. By using my special interests as a bridge, I get to know client’s inner world in their own language.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I worked at a youth shelter, as a guide at a wilderness therapy program, and at a treatment center for teens. As a counselor, I have worked with children, adolescents, and adults, in outpatient practices while continually learning about the power of play.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), WA Department of Health, LH61175651
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing in Utah, 10846443-6004
- Registered Play Therapist T5961
- Basic Training in EMDR Therapy
- University of San Diego, BA, Behavioral Neuroscience
- Westminster College, MS, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Strengthening Family Relationships