Sarah Jensen, MS, LMHC
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). I believe in every individual’s ability to move towards connection with themselves and the world through relationship and play. Sometimes this ability can become stuck through experiences that communicate that we’re not safe, such as the pandemic or systemic inequality. I work to create a space with clients that feels safe to meet their inner world, and in that space, they can address the context in which their symptoms and adaptations have made sense.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I worked at a youth shelter, as a guide at a wilderness therapy program, and at a treatment center for teens. As a counselor, I have worked with children, adolescents, and adults, in outpatient practices while continually learning about the power of play.
I have a Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and am working towards earning my Registered Play Therapist Credential the supervision of Rosie Newman, LMHC, RPT-S.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), WA Department of Health, LH61175651
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing in Utah, 10846443-6004
- Basic Training in EMDR Therapy
- University of San Diego, BA, Behavioral Neuroscience
- Westminster College, MS, Clinical Mental Health Counseling