Join the Seattle Play Therapy Team
*** NOW ACCEPTING INTERNSHIP APPLICANTS! *** See Internships and Training below for more information.
Internships and Training
For the right fit, we take on a limited number of graduate-level interns to provide individual and group therapy services to SPT clients. You must be enrolled in a university graduate program in a related field and be able to commit to a minimum of 12-month placement. Interns receive the opportunity to attend SPT-sponsored training for free.
Please contact our internship coordinator if you have any questions. To apply, send her a resume, cover letter, a copy of your university practicum site contract, and any specific internship criteria, e.g., hours, length, etc.
(206) 553-9977 ext. 8220
Who We Are
Our mission at Seattle Play Therapy is to provide quality therapeutic care for children and families. We strive to create a work culture that balances a supportive community while promoting individual professional growth. Most of our referrals are between the ages of 2-12, though we also receive referrals for adolescents.
We believe that being a therapist is a challenging job and therefore it’s imperative that your place of work values and appreciates you as a clinician and provides you with a supportive environment to develop skills that allow you to be the best therapist you can be.
We have a commitment to social justice which is an integral part of our value system at SPT. As such, we strive to engage in personal and professional reflection, training, and consultation to ensure that we are providing anti-racist and LGBTQ+ affirmative care.
About the Job
We are hiring a full-time licensed therapist. This position is 20-25 client hours per week plus paid administrative time (for required training, paperwork, team meetings, and supervision). The caseload would be a mixture of young children, tweens, adolescents, and regular parent meetings. At this time, the position is entirely telehealth with the intention of moving to in-person care when it is safe to do so. Because this is a remote work position, hours for client care and admin are flexible.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is an employee W-2 status position.
- Compensation is competitive and includes a flat rate for billable hours worked, paid administrative time, paid sick time, employer contribution to health care premium, training stipend.
- Supervision from a Registered Play Therapist – Supervisor and extensive support for conducting teleplay therapy are provided.
- Opportunity to attend APT-Approved Continuing Education towards the Registered Play Therapist Credential hosted by Seattle Play Therapy free of charge
- Client referrals
- Administrative support (invoicing, billing, insurance eligibility and credentialing, etc.)
- Full access to teleplay therapy resource library and electronic systems to enable you to provide HIPAA compliant, quality telehealth sessions with children and families.
- Once back in person, access to a thoughtfully compiled playroom and a large collection of professional development books and resources, etc.
- Opportunity to work for an employer and with a team that supports and values the healing power of play in addition to your own professional growth and development as a play therapist
What We Are Looking For
- Masters degree in counseling, psychology, marriage and family therapy, social work, or related field
- Licensed with the Department of Health (not currently considering Associate Licenses)
- WA Background Check
- Internship/Practicum or job experience working with children
- Knowledge and passion for working with children, specifically through play therapy
- Therapeutic orientation and values aligned with beliefs stated on this website
- Effective communicator
- Empathic and warm presence
- Anti-racist, LGBTQ+ affirmative practices
- Strong clinical skills and understanding of family dynamics, childhood behaviors, and attachment theory
- Passion for personal growth and lifelong learning
- Must be flexible and willing to work well as part of a team – supportive, honest, compassionate, invested, trustworthy, aware, intuitive and motivated
- Dedicated to helping Seattle Play Therapy grow and sharing the passion for play with others!
** We are aware that the field of psychology is built on systems of power and privilege that perpetuate oppression towards BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply! **
Please email your resume and cover letter detailing your experience with children/play therapy and interest in working for Seattle Play Therapy to email@example.com.
Other Jobs at SPT
For the right fit, we may consider hiring for an admin position. If you are a college or graduate student in the field of psychology and interested in getting experience at SPT, please inquire about the possibility of a part-time administrative position.