Judy Ko, MA, LMHCA
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMCHA). My approach to therapy with children is grounded in the conviction that how much we care matters. Through the power of relationship and imagination, it is my belief that any child can improve developmental well-being and gain healthier expression. Play occupies a unique space between a child’s inner world and their external reality. As a therapist, I provide a safe, accepting and creative environment where I meet a child right where they are. I may have the privilege to be invited into their experience as an empathic witness and collaborator as they play out their emotions, learn, explore their world, and discover who they are and who they are not.
I have worked with women and children at Hope Place women’s shelter and recovery program, where I provided counseling services and facilitated group classes. I have also taught LEGO® inspired engineering classes with Play-Well TEKnologies.
I have a masters in Counseling Psychology and a bachelor of fine arts in Communication Design. I am working towards earning full licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor under the supervision of Rosie Newman, LMHC, RPT-S.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMCHA) WA Department of Health, #MC61166202
- The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, MA in Counseling Psychology
- Carnegie Mellon University, School of Design, BFA in Communication Design
- Certification in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy) for Traumatized Children Web Course
- Certification in Lifespan Integration L1 Training