Judy Ko, MA, LMHC
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). As we navigate our life journeys, at times we may need some extra support. Play occupies a unique space between our internal experience and external reality that allows us to integrate our inner self concepts that may be in conflict with our outer speech and behaviors. Through relationship and imagination, I believe that we can all gain a deeper sense of our identity, discover healthier and more satisfying ways to express ourselves, and feel empowered to connect with all the parts of ourselves and create more meaningful connection with others.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I had a career in visual design. Therapeutically, I have worked with women and children at a women’s shelter and recovery program, where I provided counseling services and facilitated group classes. I have taught LEGO® inspired camp and classes.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) WA Department of Health, #LH61453539
- The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, MA in Counseling Psychology
- Carnegie Mellon University, School of Design, BFA in Communication Design
- Basic Training in Child-Centered Play Therapy
- Certification in Lifespan Integration L1
- Certification in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Basic Training in PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy) for Traumatized Children
- Trauma and stress
- Self-esteem & identity
- Strengthening parent & child relationships
- Expressive arts and creative process