Judy Ko, MA, LMHCA
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMCHA). Play occupies a unique space between our inner world and external reality that allow us to integrate our inner self concepts that may be in conflict with our outer behaviors. As we navigate our life journeys, at times we need some extra support. Through the power of relationship and imagination, I believe that we can all gain a deeper sense of our identity, discover more satisfying ways to express ourselves inwardly and in connection to others.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I had a career in graphic design. Therapeutically, I have worked with women and children at Hope Place women’s shelter and recovery program, where I provided counseling services and facilitated group classes. I have also taught LEGO® inspired engineering classes with Play-Well TEKnologies.
I have a masters in Counseling Psychology and a bachelor of fine arts in Communication Design. I am working towards earning full licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor under the supervision of Rosie Newman, LMHC, RPT-S.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMCHA) WA Department of Health, #MC61166202
- The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, MA in Counseling Psychology
- Carnegie Mellon University, School of Design, BFA in Communication Design
- Basic Training in Child-Centered Play Therapy
- Certification in Lifespan Integration L1
- Certification in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Basic Training in PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy) for Traumatized Children
- Strengthening parent & child relationships