Who We Are:
Our mission at Seattle Play Therapy is to provide quality therapeutic care for children and families. We strive to create a work culture that balances a supportive community while promoting individual professional growth. Most of our referrals are between the ages of 2-12, though we also receive referrals for adolescents.
We believe that being a therapist is a challenging job and therefore it’s imperative that your place of work values and appreciates you as a clinician and provides you with a supportive environment to develop skills that allow you to be the best therapist you can be.
We have a commitment to social justice which is an integral part of our value system at SPT. As such, we strive to engage in personal and professional reflection, training, and consultation to ensure that we are providing anti-racist and LGBTQ+ affirmative care.
About the Job:
We are hiring a full-time licensed therapist. This position is 20-25 client hours per week plus paid administrative time for required training, paperwork, team meetings, and supervision. The caseload would be a mixture of young children, tweens, adolescents, and regular parent meetings. At this time, the position can be a mix of Telehealth and in-person, which makes hours for client care and admin flexible.
What We Are Looking For:
- Masters degree in counseling, psychology, marriage and family therapy, social work, or related field
- Licensed with the Department of Health (not currently considering Associate Licenses)
- WA Background Check
- Internship/Practicum or job experience working with children
- Knowledge and passion for working with children, specifically through play therapy
- Therapeutic orientation and values aligned with beliefs stated on this website
- Effective communicator
- Empathic and warm presence
- Anti-racist, LGBTQ+ affirmative practices
- Strong clinical skills and understanding of family dynamics, childhood behaviors, and attachment theory
- Passion for personal growth and lifelong learning
- Must be flexible and willing to work well as part of a team – supportive, honest, compassionate, invested, trustworthy, aware, intuitive and motivated
- Dedicated to helping Seattle Play Therapy grow and sharing the passion for play with others!
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is an employee W-2 status position.
- Compensation is competitive and includes a flat rate for billable hours worked, paid administrative time, paid sick time, employer contribution to health care premium, and training stipend.
- Supervision from a Registered Play Therapist – Supervisor and extensive support for conducting teleplay therapy are provided.
- Opportunity to attend APT-Approved Continuing Education towards the Registered Play Therapist Credential hosted by Seattle Play Therapy free of charge
- Administrative support (invoicing, billing, insurance eligibility and credentialing, etc.) and client referrals.
- Full access to teleplay therapy resource library and electronic systems to enable you to provide HIPAA compliant, quality Telehealth sessions with children and families
- For in-person, access to thoughtfully compiled playrooms and a large collection of professional development books and resources, etc.
- Opportunity to work for an employer and with a team that supports and values the healing power of play in addition to your own professional growth and development as a play therapist