Mara Mulcahy, MSW, LICSW
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and enjoy working with children of all ages. I believe that connection, support, and community can provide lasting relief, growth, and change. My approach to therapy is psychodynamic, and I draw from many clinical sources. Children (and adults) learn through play, and by exploring play (and from listening and reflecting), we can work with complex thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Often an outside perspective can help us shift behavior or stuck patterns just enough so that new ways of approaching it are possible. Understanding a child’s unique style and social, emotional, and developmental needs can reduce conflicts, decrease children’s anxiety and make parenting less stressful.
In every environment, play is the fundamental way children express themselves, explore challenges and discover solutions. Learning the power that play has is therapeutic for children and the adults in their lives.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) WA Department of Health, LW00004465
- The Evergreen State College, BA
- Smith College School of Social Work, MSW
- Clinical Fellowship, Adolescent Medicine Clinic, Children’s Hospital Boston, MA
- Emotional Regulation
- Parenting Issues
- Adjustments/Transitions (school, moving, childcare, new sibling, grief, etc.)